Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Weekend Fun




What am I, fifteen years old?!!! I went away to a ladies retreat last weekend (you know, the churchy type), and came home with more than new spiritual eyes. But let's talk about that later. I GOT MY NOSE PIERCED!!!!

I suppose some might think that it was because of the peer pressure from the fresh-out-of-college girls I was hanging out with that made me do it, but actually I've wanted to pierce my nose for the past ten years or so. Finally, it just seemed like the right time to get it done. Two of the four of my roommates for the weekend had a cute nose piercing, and when one of them suggested, "You should get yours done tomorrow. Do you want to?" I said, "yes" without hesitation.

Of course I called Poetroad the next morning to clear my plans with him. Of course he said, "No way. No, that's not a good idea. No, I don't like that idea at all." And like a good wife, I replied, "Honey, if the answer is no, then I won't do it. Love you; have a great day!"

Less then a minute later he called me back and said, "Ahhh, go ahead. Have fun with your friends, you wild child, you." (I found out later that as soon as he hung up the phone he got to thinking how sexy a nose piercing would look on me....)

Not to far away from our hotel we found a little, but sterile, tattoo/piercing parlor along the highway in that small costal town. The actual piercing was pretty uneventful - except for she had to do mine twice because something happened with the threading of the jewelry through the hole the first time. And I bled a lot. But neither piercing hurt really. It was kind of fun, in fact.

The best part about this story is that when I went into work the next day, NOT ONE PERSON NOTICED! None. No one. That's what I get for working in alternative education, I guess. They probably thought that my nose had been pierced all along.

7 comments:

supergirl said...

woo hoo!! How exciting!!

Jane D. said...

That might be just what I need to get rid of my "kitten" image.

PJD said...

tissue caught on stud
I write poems with a cold
haiku (gesundheit)


Wicked cool. Next: a tattoo in a naughty place? Or not-so-naughty place? What do your kids think of the piercing?

bluesugarpoet said...

the haiku is a lovely piercing gift! Thank you!

A tattoo? Hmmmm, I really like that idea. It would have to be of something with an enduring quality - something that will look just as great at 85 as it does at 35. No butterflies or flowers on the ankle - those are for women pretending to have dainty 200 lb legs.

My kids weren't really surprised at all. The looked at it for a second, said, "Oh, cool," and then just went right on playing with their friends.

supergirl said...

I just maximized the photo and OUCH!!! I'm a weeny for such things; I've never even had my ears pierced for this reason!

Jane D. said...

You really have a lovely ear.

bluesugarpoet said...

Yeah - like the cork on the bottom of the needle? I'll have to post more pics.