Tuesday, October 07, 2008

And one more thing...

I have great friends! Not only did Ch@ndy take a looooong train ride to Sacto so that she could be here for my first marathon, but Maria, Peter and family joined us for a pre-marathon barbecue on Saturday. AND Anthony spent all day Sunday here too with the crew.

Thank you, Ch@ndy, for helping me cook and clean. Thank you, Peter, for driving Maria here. Thank you Maria and Ch@ndy for making sure my kiddos got where they needed to be on Sunday morning. Thank you for meeting me on mile 19 - that was a terrific surprise! Thank you Anthony and Maria and Ch@ndy for being there at the beginning and the end of the race, for the cool signs, for taking photos, for the fries... You all are so thoughtful!

Thank you, friends, for acting as if it were a normal occurrence when flies buzzed all around and a MOUSE cavorted on the stove while we ate and chatted around the dinner table (btw, I haven't seen a fly or that pesky mouse since; very strange).

Thank you, most of all, Poetroad, for indulging my wild obsessive compulsive behavior that sometimes include a house full of people at a moments notice, my training sessions that sometimes last hours and hours, and these silly notions of running marathons.

I love you all!

6 comments:

Dalene said...

Kudos to the hubbies who indulge this habit...I mean, psychotic OCD necessity...I mean, obsession....I mean, body breaking healthy habit.

bluesugarpoet said...

Oh my. You and I - scarily on the wave length...

BOL

PJD said...

Well, driving Maria there was the easy part. Leaving and driving away (twice) was the hard part.

bluesugarpoet said...

Um...that would be the *same* wave length.

bluesugarpoet said...

That's right - you did have to leave twice. Next time, you and the boys can just stay. We will make room. :)

Maria Dudley said...

And thank YOU, Jana, for listening to me rant about my job....

BTW - I should email you properly and give you the full story, but I unfortunately am resigning my position this week. :-( Long story, but it is unavoidable.