Sunday, February 10, 2008

My buttocks hurt

Yes, it will be a nice mountain biking ride...a nice little jaunt...I can get out into nature and spend time with my friend...

Wow. I must have been delusional when I thought that. Actually, I did have fun. And it was nice getting out into nature. I just didn't realize how painful that would be.

My much younger and more in shape friend, Hannah, and I conspired to go for a bike ride yesterday morning. We decided we would drive out to Reimers Ranch - located in the beautiful hill country west of Austin. When we arrived at the ranger station and checked out the map , we decided that we could take the beginner trail, ride a section of the intermediate trail, and then finish the last few miles on the beginner trail. I think it was called the "Race Track" loop. That should have been our first clue that we were headed for trouble.

Anyway, this is just a teaser. More about my biking adventures tomorrow...

No comments: