Monday, February 25, 2008

Speaking of Poop...

My three-and-a-half year old is not on *my* potty training time line. That frustrated me at first, but I know that to shame her or make her feel bad about her decision *not* to poop in the toilet will only cause more problems. I know it's a contol issue with her. I understand control issues. So I've backed off a bit.

Still, we seem to have this ongoing conversation about poop.

This morning, when I noticed that familiar look of surprise on her face, I encouraged her to finish on the toilet. And once she sat down on the toilet, she did nothing...

...except say, "Mom, I already did a big one last night."

"I know. I had to clean it up."

"It was gorgeous ."

"Gorgeous?"

"Yes. Big and gooooooorgeous ."

1 comment:

Anthony said...

could you please go back to talking about peas. BOL.