Saturday, May 10, 2008

Speaking of hotness...

Yesterday it got up to 95 degrees here. My middle schooler had to run several races for the "mini-Greek Olympics" at school. The kids were outside all day in the hotness, and there wasn't a lick of shade at the track.

Don't worry, though. My daughter said that only three kids fainted.

Oh, and she won second in the 100, third in the 200, and her team was first in the 50 yard relay (I know! They hardly had a chance to pass the baton to the next teammate let alone run a few steps!).

In other news, I won "hottie" of the year and "Mother of the Century" from daughter number two. I'm a winner! Wait until you read the poem she wrote me...

2 comments:

PJD said...

A little early to be declaring an anything "of the century," isn't it? What does it say when your daughter votes you hottie of the year? Never mind. Can't wait to see the poem.

bluesugarpoet said...

It means that she plays at Barbie dot com way too much (it's one of the phrases used to "make your own magazine cover" - great educational game, eh?)

Hey - don't knock it. The century may be far from over, but if I'm running against the likes of Brittany Spears and Michael Jackson - wait, he is a guy - anyway, I have a chance is all I'm saying. Plus, Mother Theresa isn't around anymore, so that means my chances just went up a few notches.