Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Six random things about me

I was tagged yesterday by Poet Peter . Now the fact that I am joining in on this meme is fairly significant. Mostly because I am a lurker. There. I said it. And agreeing to play will force me to "out" myself. Ah, well. It's about time, I suppose. Anyway...

The rules:
a. Link to the person who tagged you.
b. Post the rules on your blog.
c. Write six random things about yourself.
d. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
e. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.
f. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.


Wow. At first I endeavored to share information that would be new to my readers. And then I realized that there really isn’t much that I don’t talk about here. Have I no standards?! Some of this will be old news. Really old news. Quite possibly, there won’t be anything new to read about me. Anyway, here are six facts the interest *me* about myself.

1. I like to eat peas.

2. I am a recovering emetophobe.

3. We found a gecko in a Barbie car in our house the other day. It was trying to make a quick getaway, I suppose. The cat likes to bring geckos in and “play” with them. I’m going to miss living in Austin!

4. Soccer is my favorite sport. Also, I like to run even though I can’t break an 8 minute 30 second mile. When I whine about that fact, Poetroad says, “Honey, I love you, but you aren’t built to be a distance runner.” Nevertheless, I still like to run long distances in this 5’3” 135lb frame.

5. I never learned to diagram a sentence. I prefer descriptive grammar over prescriptive grammar anyway! (I know - what a cop-out).

6. This week, I quit what I lovingly call my “un-job.” I was hired at a competitive rate to do some contract editing work for a company where their engineers survey properties, pieces of land, and such, assess the environmental impact certain activities have on the surrounding community, and then write reports about their findings. I’ve worked for them since November 2007, and to date, I haven’t edited even the tiniest e-mail or report.

Now, the people I'll be tagging...

Collette
Maully
Todd
Maren's Daddy

7 comments:

PJD said...

Gecko in a Barbie car. How bourgeois. (M and I were in the SF/MOMA a few months back and heard some black-trenchcoated, thick-rimmed-glassesed, wannabe-beatnik say to the girl he was with, "Wire sculptures. How bourgeois."

Now I like to say "how bourgeois" about almost everything. "Popcorn, at a movie. How bourgeois." Or, "Bowl of peas. How bourgeois."

You should try it.

bluesugarpoet said...

Vomiting. How bourgeois.

You are right! I do like it!

Todd said...

Thanks for tagging me...I think.

You really, REALLY list "Portrait of the Artist As a Young Man" among your favorite books? Really? Now, admittedly I haven't looked at it since AP English in 1988, but as I remember I could hardly get through it, let alone understand it.

Is my memory that bad, or is that you're just that smart?

bluesugarpoet said...

Yay! You are playing the game and I hardly had to twist your arm!

Portrait of the Artist...ah, yes, that is my most favorite novel. And I didn't even take AP English! I'll bet if you went back and read it now, it would be more meaningful because Joyce really plumbs the depths of an internal and external spiritual journey. Ok. That explanation sounded really nerdy. lol Just remember that Joyce writes in stream of consciousness, and the first few chapters are describing memories (or dreams) of when he was a child.

Anthony said...

I'm wondering what an external spiritual journey looks like. Does it leak out onto the floor or something?

bluesugarpoet said...

Yes. And it runs around town having sex and stuff which, in turn, complicates the inner journey. Just trying *not* to be a gnostic here. LOL

bluesugarpoet said...

Not that there is anything wrong with having sex or anything...